Monday, September 13, 2010

weekend...

So I didn't do a very good job of blogging or taking pictures this weekend.  However, I'll give an overview of the weekend.

Friday night we had Chorizo Strudels.  It was basically chorizo, onions, and peppers cooked and rolled into 4 phyllo dough sheets.  It was very tasty.  I wish I had taken a picture but I forgot.

We were also trying to find something to do on Friday that didn't involve food.  It is more difficult than you might imagine given my limited walking ability at the moment.  I didn't really want to go to the movies because that is like a 20 minute drive and you have to figure out what to watch.  It seemed a lot of hassle.  Hubby suggested shopping or clubbing (because we are such big clubbers).  We did find something to do: Crazy Glaze in FV is open until 9.  Once we got home I didn't really want to go out so we stayed in and played Yahtzee.  It was fun and relaxing.

Saturday we had burgers for dinner.  Hubby put Worcestershire, chives, cilantro, garlic powder, and salt in the meat.  They were tasty.  He also bought some of that new bacon cheddar cheese from kraft.  It is pretty tasty but not as good as having a actual bacon on the burger.

Sunday morning we had Smitten Kitchen's Corn Pancakes.    They are so good.  They have a lot of texture from the cornmeal and corn.


I also made the Smitten Kitchen's Perfect Blueberry Muffins.  I will take a picture of these tonight.

Last night Hubby made corn tortillas.  They are yummy and nothing like the ones you buy in the store.  We filled them with skirt steak, guacamole, and pico de gallo.  

All in all it was a good weekend.

1 comment: